For Artists Based in Peru
28 SEP – 14 DEC 2020 Application Deadline 29 JUN 2020
* COVID-19 update: Amid the current crisis, Gasworks’ top priority is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the artists, staff and the public. Our residency for artists based in Peru was originally scheduled to take place across the summer period. In response to the escalating situation in the UK and internationally, the residency has now been re-scheduled to the autumn period.
Applications are now open until 29 June. Artists who already applied to this opportunity in April will be automatically included in the selection process. New applicants are welcome.
This opportunity will enable an emerging artist based in Peru to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks, in London, from 28 September to 14 December 2020. Gasworks’ residencies are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange and experimentation. This residency is generously supported by ARTUS.
The Residency Comprises:
- 24-hour access...to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travel card (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
This residency is open to contemporary artists based in Peru and between the ages of 25 and 40.
For more information about the residency and how to apply, please download the information in the Resources section below.
We accept digital applications only. Please use the online application form at the bottom of this page.
Your application should include the following in ONE PDF file only:
1. An artist's statement describing your practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words)
2. A minimum of 10 images of recent work, with captions and a short description if necessary including evidence of previous experience in developing and delivering new commissions
3. A CV/Resume
4. A simple statement outlining your plans, if you were to be offered the residency, which could include a short description of a research project specific to the context of London or your residency at Gasworks (up to 250 words). This proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the residency.
5. Any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about work, exhibitions, publications, etc)
6. A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail and telephone numbers if available, plus confirmation that you will be available from 28 September – 14 December 2020, if selected.
Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.
Please note that there is a 10MB limit on pdf submissions. If your file is not in pdf format or is over 10MB you will not be able to submit it.
Application Deadline: Monday 29 June 2020
Entrada actualizada el el 20 abr de 2020
¿Te gustaría añadir o modificar algo de este perfil?