LONDON – Christie’s announces an open call to London-based artists to participate in “Next at Christie’s: London 2022”, a physical and virtual non-commercial exhibition of work by the next generation of artists, which will take place in January 2022. The call for artists is open until 9 November and follows the appointment of two London-based curators, Sasha Shevchenko and Pia Zeitzen, who met while undertaking an MFA Curating at Goldsmiths University. They subsequently formed a curatorial collective, co-developing a practice focused on transcribing theoretical notions into exhibitions as collaborative settings. Additionally Christie’s Education has awarded Sasha and Pia scholarships, alongside two further curatorial candidates, on the Christie’s Education Art Business Masterclass Certificate.
Sasha Shevchenko and Pia Zeitzen, Co-curators Next at Christie’s: “As an existing curatorial collective of two international and recently graduated curators, we are excited to have been appointed by Christie’s for this opportunity. Next at Christie’s: London 2022 not...only allows us to experiment with our own practice, but enables us to connect individuals, build a community and provide a space of expression for a diverse group of artists. The concept of this upcoming exhibition will address the absurdity of contemporary reality by letting it infiltrate its artistic and curatorial expression. In doing so, it aims to collectively envision alternative modes of meaning-making.”
The exhibition presents an exciting opportunity for emerging curators and artists looking to jumpstart their careers in the art world. Applicants must not be represented by a commercial gallery and must either be currently studying or have graduated within the last five years. Christie’s welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, and are looking for candidates who represent ‘new’ talent.
• The artists must be based in London.
• The artists must either be currently studying or have graduated from university within the last 5 years, or hold an equivalent qualification.
• The artists selected for the exhibition cannot be represented by a commercial gallery.
• To apply, please complete the application form, found here.
There are three sections in the application form; each will need to be filled out.
The first section will ask you to provide your personal details.
Section two will present three questions related to your practice:
— Please describe your practice in terms of content and form (include your choice of medium).
— How does Next's concept resonate with your practice? Please outline your artistic response to the theme.
— Do you intend to exhibit an existing piece, or produce new work inspired by the concept? Briefly elaborate on the applicable.
In the third section you will be able to upload a portfolio of up to five artworks, your CV, and optionally include a link to your website or Instagram account.
• There is no fee to submit an application. All exhibiting artists will be paid an engagement fee, and expenses in relation to the exhibition will be covered.
• You will need to invoice us for your work.
• Please note that any artist selected for the exhibition must give consent for their work to appear on Christie’s website and social media channels.
Entrada actualizada el el 14 oct de 2021
¿Te gustaría añadir o modificar algo de esta ficha?